You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. - Clay P. Bedford

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Meditation

Over the past few months, Reezle has been asking me more and more frequently about meditation, how to meditate, when to meditate, and for what reasons people choose to meditate. I explained that the reasons are many and vary by individual. Personally, I meditate to work through difficult issues, to train my mind, to relieve stress, and to promote overall health. I also meditate on positive goals. She liked this idea.

A couple of days ago, randomly, I walked into a quiet living room and found this.

She maintained her pose and intense (yet calm, relaxed) focus for over half an hour. I didn't say anything until she was finished, and then I asked what she meditated on. "Just a flickering flame," she replied.

Cool.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to start meditating. I think there is a place for it in any healthy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete