You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. - Clay P. Bedford

Friday, March 9, 2012

Zombies

A few nights ago, after seeing Walking Dead (a television show, in case you've been living under a rock like me when it comes to popular shows) mentioned so many times on Facebook that I just had to ask (and still wish I hadn't), Reezle overheard me talking about my horrifying introduction via YouTube clips to her dad. So at bedtime, we have the following conversation:

R: "I heard you talking to dad about a zombie show."

Me: "Uh huh. I don't plan to watch it. Five minutes was more than enough."

R: "Zombies are gross. Their arms fall right off and stuff."

Me: "Yeah. They are kinda gross."

R: "You know, some people think zombies are real."

Me:"Oh yeah?"

R: "Yeah. In fact, when they meet new people, they give their arm a good pull just in case."

I laughed for about 10 minutes.

(No offense to the billion of you who like Walking Dead. It gives me the creeps.)

No comments:

Post a Comment