You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. - Clay P. Bedford

Saturday, July 21, 2012

You and Me Time

Last night, just before bedtime, Little G wrote me a note on his drawing board.


He was a bit bothered by the fact that his sister gets to stay up a little later than he does, and that it means we don't get a lot of time where it's just him and me. It's interesting how his personality changes at those moments; he becomes so talkative and just loves to share his ideas and thoughts with me.

Obviously, I couldn't resist his request, and we talked a little last night and again tonight before bedtime. He was adorable, mostly sharing his excitement about K12 and his new workbooks. "I want to do homeschool until I go to college," he said. He also told me he can hardly wait until summer is over because he's looking forward to the fall weather and working in his workbooks every day. While I won't go so far as to wish away the summer, I'm excited about this fall, too.

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cute!!! I love when our little guys want that one on one time. It goes so fast, enjoy it. My oldest is 18 and he still likes those night time talks. We used K12 when we first started homeschooling, it's a GREAT program!

    ReplyDelete